Re: vDos-lfn is now officially vDosPlus!

Hi Carl,

I think you can set a 4DOS environment variable that returns the vDosPlus directory easily by adding the following command in autoexec.txt:

SET VDOS_DIR=%_CWD

Hope this helps.

Wengier

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:41 PM, Carl Distefano wrote:

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger mailto:hb@xxxxxxxx Tue, 20 Sep 2016
21:58:04 -0400

> Advantage: not having to worry whether you have to use a full
> pathname when you are calling things vDos-related. I've already
> more than once found the solution to a problem was to first CD to
> vDos's directory.

Surely you jest, Harry. Do yourself a favor and put the vDos(Plus)
directory in the Windows path! And, yes, if you're coding for anyone
besides yourself, you do need to have the fully-qualified path and
filename. Ergo, you need a way to figure out what the fully-qualified
path is. U2 solution: vDosDir= in XYWWWEB.REG. A better, more
universal, and hands-off solution would be a 4DOS environment variable
that returns the vDosPlus directory.

Wengier?

--
Carl Distefano