Re: vDos-lfn is now officially vDosPlus!

Well, there are these things called batch files (.bat), which Windoze has not yet done away with, and which can automate a lot of these things.

   Jordan

From: Harry Binswanger
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: vDos-lfn is now officially vDosPlus!

Advantage: not having to worry whether you have to use a full pathname when
you are calling things vDos-related. I've already more than once found the
solution to a problem was to first CD to vDos's directory. You ace
programmers probably always use a fully qualified filespec, if that's the
right term, but we hackers don't like to.

I don't mean to be argumentative, just mentioning another viewpoint.

Regards,
Harry

VDosPlus could be looked on as plug-in or extension to XyWrite. More
accurately, it's the reverse, which would argue for putting XyWrite into
the vDosPlus directory! Oh the ignominy.