Emacs?

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Tue, 12 Nov 2013
18:50:05 +0000

> Emacs!

Wish I could learn to love it. Wish I could bring myself to *learn* it,
period. The "infinitely customizable/programmable" mindset is similar to
Xy's, but, oh, that command set. I have a mental block against it. And I
could be wrong about this, but Emacs seems to be a glorified line
editor, not a word-processor. I don't print many documents for personal
use, but I do expect text to wrap when it reaches the right margin. Auto
Fill and the various specific Fill commands seem like a lot of trouble
to achieve that very basic end. Am I wrong?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx