Re: VGA Full Screen Fonts for XyWrite

   When Robert Holmgren's e-mail of a couple of days ago arrived, the attached
files Chars.zip and Chars.bat were removed, probably by my service provider, and
the following notice inserted.

>Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
>Warning: (CHARS.ZIP, CHARS.BAT).
>Warning: Please read the "VirusWarning.txt" attachment(s) for more information.

   As indicated, a new attached file was put in place of the removed files,
giving more information.
   Could someone please let me know whether attached files are stored in the
archives for this list, and how I can find them? I haven't looked up archives
for a while, and don't recall exactly where to find them.
   Possibly I have missed other attached files, and I've asked my service
provider if they can reconfigure my e-mail so attached files from the mailing
list are not removed. If they can't or won't comply, I will have to consider
taking my business to someone else.
   I would consider asking if someone on the list would be kind enough to
forward me the files privately, only I suppose they wouldn't get through, just
as they didn't the first time. It appears my service provider has started
filtering out all files ending in ".bat" or ".zip".

   Does anyone else here have a similar problem, or any ideas on how to get
around it? I understand my service provider is trying to filter out viruses;
but at the same time I don't feel it's appropriate for them to decide for me
what attached files I should or shouldn't receive.
   Thanks.

[Robert Holmgren's description of contents of attached files:]

>Fonts:
>-----
>
>There's a package of files attached to this message
>(CHARS.ZIP):
> CHARS.TXT
> CHARS.BAT
> VGA.COM

   There was a *separate* Chars.bat file. Was this just the same as the .bat
file included in the zip file?

             Regards,
             Michael Edwards.