Re: MD DD

Bounty is a good word for it. There are "intricacies" of the DosBOX/Wengier/Mendelson port to the Mac that I don't understand (well, lots of them), such as how drive letters are assigned between the systems; yet I have the most elegant XyWrite I have ever had, including on the old DOS only boxes from the late eighties when I first started using it. A hefty percentage of the Robert/Carl functional brilliance is available, more than enough for my needs. DosBOX (alone or via its Boxer front end) was ok, functional, but a fuzzy display and mildly awkward printing have now come perfectly into focus with vDosMac.app.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 9:07 AM, J R FOX mailto:jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if the Mac users were able to share in the vDos bounty.  I thought it might have been discussed here, and I somehow overlooked it.  Anyway, you have now confirmed that.  So this may just leave Linux, or perhaps it has already been covered as well.

   Jordan

From: Fred Weiner mailto:fw1948@xxxxxxxx
To: XyWrite List xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:16 AM
Subject: MD DD

Got tangled up in neurons trying to remember how to change color for Defined text. Here's a section of settings.dfl:

; DD is number used to compute display of defined text
; Defined text does not display in this mode number
DF DD=46
I'm running the absolutely best Mac port for XY, crisp clean display, prints with TY no questions asked, integrates also with Mac OS files, so much faster than the setup I've used for years, DosBOX hosted.

It's Dr Mendelson's excellent vDosMac.app. Anybody need details there's a couple of HTML docs in the package; I had about five days of tweaking then got it. Perfect.

Anyway that line from settings, Defined text does not display in this mode number, some algorithm integrating Define with the rest of the display, but what's the math? How do I change it (in XyWrite natively)?

Thank you.