RE: Backup--a different approach

Bought, downloaded and installed ShadowProtect SPX. Just downloaded ReBuilder app for windows; which creates a recovery disk, the only way to restore a full volume.

I was going to use the rebuilder to create the restore CD, but I noticed that if you download the cross-platform restore environment, as opposed to the windows only environment, you don’t have to go through the process of installing Win ADK, I think. Just burn the ISO to disk. Yes?

I agree with Ed, easy enough to create a backup image, but as Carl pointed out setting or editing the backup schedule requires some figuring (or the manual, which is counterintuitive).

Anyway, ReBuilder for win or cross-platform ISO ? And are you able to set a retention policy for incremental backups.

Thanks.

Michael Norman