Re: Data copying to CD etc. (off topic but a burning issue)

I don't mean to disparage Nero in any way except
for its packet writing capabilities. It is the
packet writing features of both Easy CD Pro
and Nero that I have had consistent problems
with, not their ability to create standard
ISO data CDs. My view, which I don't think is
due to ineptitude, is that packet-writing,
i.e., treating a CD as a giant, incrementally-
capable floppy disk, doesn't work.

Mt Ranier is supposed to solve some of these
problems but doesn't yet seem to have evolved
to a credible point.

Two other things I have learned: always keep
your CD's flash ROM up to date - this is
really important - and use good media. Taiyo
Yuden is the best and it is not prohibitively
more expensive than the media produced outside
of Japan (T-Y is now the only manufacturer
still producing CD and DVD media within Japan.)

Finally, if you really want a reliable burn,
don't have your computer doing other things
while burning. Even with all the features
designed to prevent problems when doing this,
there still will be problems unless you treat
the burning of a CD as a discrete task to which
the entire computer's resources must be
dedicated.