Re: Elegance in XPL sought

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Old saws, hammers, nails? Hey, lady, this is a software not hardware
list. Don't get unhinged. (Sorry, I had to tack that on, so to speak.)
What's the emoticon for full-throated chortles? ROTFL
is usually ironic, if not sarcastic, but this is just
glee. I noticed the juxtaposition of `saw' with `hammer
and nail,' but since the derivation is disparate (the
two meanings are in fact two separate words, like
`arms', the upper limbs of a biped, and `arms',
weapons), thought it could stand. But obviously when
they're both homophones and homographs, that makes it a
pun, will-ye, nill-ye.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx