From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Harrison, Shawn
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 1999 11:48 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Xy4 Setup

Hi, all.

I've gotten Xy4 up and going with most of the customization I had put
into Xy3, and then some. I have to say, I am impressed. There are a lot
of features in this upgrade that make it very appealing.

I heard recently that the color scheme which is easiest on the eyes, for
on-screen viewing, is cyan text on a black background. So I decided to
give it a try, and have been very pleased with the results. I've attached
my modified settings.dfl file for any who are interested in giving it a
try. After the initial adjustment (approximately 30 seconds), the screen
becomes VERY pleasant to work with (for me, at least). In the file I've
labeled each of the text modes with a comment containing an example of
how that mode displays, which makes tinkering with colors easy.

To give it a try, just save the file to disk and, in Xy4, type "load
cyantext.dfl", assuming it is in either the current directory or your
PATH. You can switch back by typing "load settings.dfl".

If you want to make this color scheme permanent, then just rename your
current settings.dfl to settings.old, and copy cyantext.dfl to
settings.dfl. Then, when you start Xy4, you'll automatically get the new
color scheme.

shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx