Re: I need a new desktop computer -- Recommendations?

Bill,

I cannot help you there. I have the same problem. Let me explain my setup:

I use VirtualPC DOS / Win 3.1 for DOS and Win 3.1. I have no problems
accessing shared Win 7 folders. I have said this many times, but I will
reiterate it once more: this is the most compatible platform for DOS
XyWrite. Anyone, if you do not know how to set it up, I will provide a
solution. Contact me off-list (lexitec@xxxxxxxx) in case you are
interested.

I use VirtualBox W2K to work with more modern programs that do not run
well under Win 7 64-bit (e.g. Acrobat 6 Pro + MS Word 2000), some
accounting stuff that I wrote myself and compiled with DOS Clipper that
interact with Acrobat for producing invoices, etc.

VMware is more of a curiosity. It is nice to have a working and
activated copy of XP mode available. VirtualBox does not have an XP mode
activation module, in all other respects I prefer VirtualBox as a
virtualization platform. I have not yet found anything that I want to
run that does not run (better and faster) in VirtualBox W2K. So XP mode
is dispensable.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)