Re: TODAY

Harry Binswanger wrote:
In an XPL program, I change the mask for the date, using, for example VA$DAm to get the month number. Then I want to reset the default mask for use with TODAY. I do this using
Does one have to? Reset the mask, I mean. I have a
couple of routines I use to create, call, or both,
files named for various combinations of month, day, and
year. Running them does not affect the system date
mask. I haven't had occasion to see if it does within
the program.
For example, this is the frame I use to create a file
for the month's posts from this list, if it doesn't
already exist, and to call it once it does, the file
being named YYMMM.txt:

{{5,xylist}} PMG 4/24/06
>>>+>mkdir e:XC >.txt XC >BC cd e:\xyinfoXC BX exist Q2 >BC cd e:XC BX exist e:.txtQ2 >BC ca e:.txtXC BF
After running that, TODAY issued from the command line
generates September 13, 2006, which is in my default
format.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx