Re: Re clip will not work on new Windows 98 installation

** Reply to message from "Robert Holmgren"  on Sun, 5 Sep
2004 08:25:17 -0400

> FIRST, and in principle, I would NOT use COMMAND.COM, I'd instead
> use KMD.EXE ... because it's Win32 OpSys-blind, and much more
> powerful than COMMAND.COM.

OTOH, it is significantly slower to load than COMMAND.COM in Win9x (because
size is 300Kb, whereas COMMAND.COM is 90Kb), and for Clip/Paste operations
speed counts, so...

Use COMMAND.COM instead of KMD.EXE.

(Although, oddly, MEM /C reports that KMD.EXE leaves more free DOS memory than
COMMAND.COM. The difference, however, is minor, about 10Kb. Go with
COMMAND.COM here.)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx