Re: Installing

Morris, what OS are you trying to install under? The point is that XyDOS
(and even XyWin) are compeletely self-contained: they don't leave bits
and pieces of themselves all over the system, the way "real" Win apps do.
So the best thing to do is to install onto a machine running an old DOS
(MS5 or Novel 7 for preference; I've had problems with MS 6.x, a very
buggy iteration), add every printer driver you can, then copy that setup
to a ZIP disk or a CD and copy it over onto the hard drive of any 32-bit
Windows system you want to "install" it on. I think the Xy installation
routine runs in DOS protected mode (I know that TTG used Novel DOS 7,
which has a DPM switch), and that is probably fighting with any 32-bit
Windows protected mode routines. The drive D: message is probably
referring to a temporay RAM drive that the install routine creates while
running--in RAM that Win 9.x has allocated to something else.
Patricia