LOADHELP

Dear Carl

I have recently found that when I try and use LOADHELP, as after inserting a new version of EFN in
U2, I end up in a recursive loop. When I issue LOADHELP I receive the prompt 're-LOAD active help
file - hit Enter.' Meanwhile U2 is in the active window and behind the cursor is the instruction
'Load c:\xy4\xywwweb.u2.'  If I actually hit enter I simply enter a carriage return. However if
I hit F5, F6 or the helpkey the prompt 'too many program calls' appears and then a new copy of
'Load c\xy4\xywwweb.u2' appears behind the cursor and the former prompt '.... hit Enter' reappears.
 The only way out I can find is to kill XY4. Any idea why?

Thanks

Paul

PS. Regarding Ersatz Autosave; very smooth, I should say. I thought the routine only saved
outside a footnote because when I was testing it I could not force it to save inside a footnote by
switching to another window and back -- my mistake, my testing technique was faulty.

PPS. I infrequently use FFN to find and edit footnotes. Sometimes I erroneously use the incorrect
syntax, for example issuing FFN a when I have a footnote series using a, b, c .. and I want to find
the first of them. I have also issued FFN /14 by mistake when trying to find the footnote 14. In
either case the result is that XY4 hangs. I know this is my mistake but is the hang inevitable? I
know, for example, that if I issue FFN 21 and there are only 14 footnotes, nothing bad happens.