Re: XyWrite & 32bit apps

 wrote:

>>Maybe just to end the silence, might I ask what, if anything,
you all
>>plan to do about WIN95, and when? Apparently, hell will freeze
over
>>before a crop of new, exiting 32bit apps will appear for OS/2
and the
>>excitement, surprize-surprize, will be in win95/NT apps over
the next
>>year or so.
>>
>>Please, I don't mean to start another round of the great OS
war, just to
>>query xydos and xywin users about if and how they see xywrite
fitting
>>into the brave new 32bit world, and whether they see themselves
moving
>>over to 32bit apps anytime soon.
>>
>Hi folks,
>
>I've made my choice and am happy I did: I'm almost fully 32bit
now via >OS/2. OS/2 is brilliant and one of its best features is
that I can continue >to use all flavours of XyWrite (DOS &
Windows) with it. If TTG produces a >version which runs on Win95
& NT but not OS/2 that's when I part company >with them. My
department has been a loyal supporter of XyWrite for a long
>time. We've bought multiple copies of XyIII+, Signature, Xy4 and
XyWin, the >most recent purchases being only a couple of months
ago. Ken Frank, are >you listening? If TTG shuts us out by not
producing an OS/2 product, >then we jump ship. On OS/2 software
in general, I am greatly impressed with >what is available. With
the exception of XyWrite I now run an OS/2 only >machine. No DOS
apps (sorry, I do still use Magellan), and no Windows apps. >The
quality of OS/2 apps is excellent, though their availability (and
 >visibility) may not yet be high. For word processing, Describe
is top >notch. The more I use it, the more I am impressed. It
works superbly in the >OS/2 environment and has powerful DTP
features not unlike Framemaker. If >TTG pulls the plug, we will
probably continue using XyWrite for a while >longer for editing
our international journal, but we will switch to >Describe for
typesetting and layout. If that happens, I will probably >start
using it for everything. Times change.

>Cheers,
>John Gordon

>J.L. Gordon
>Dept of Anthropology
>University of Western Australia
>Nedlands, W.A. 6009, AUSTRALIA
>+619 380 2850, fax: +619 380 1062
>Internet: jgordon@xxxxxxxx

We are using an OS/2 version of XyWrite in our office now. Ken
Frank would be well advised to port this OEM product to general
distribution. The release of Windows 95 will create new interest
in OS/2.

- Andy