Re: XyWrite & 32bit apps

> > If TTG produces a > >version which runs on Win95 & NT but
not OS/2 that's when I part company > >with them.

I think that will end up being my action as well. I have not
found anything that suits my editing desires and needs as much as
Xy does and I would be very unhappy to loose this product.
However, if I am going to be forced to use
Windows when I really don't like the environment and have
actively stayed away from the platform, as much for my great
dislike of Microsoft as for the technical side of things, I will
cut my losses and go back to my XyIII+/Format
Editor combination or some such other thing.

Which reminds me, WHERE THE HELL IS ORBIS?!

> >My department has been a loyal supporter of XyWrite for a long
 > >time. We've bought multiple copies of XyIII+, Signature, Xy4
and XyWin, the > >most recent purchases being only a couple of
months ago.

As many of us have been. I think there are a lot of people that
we have not heard from, those that have or will quietly turn away
from the product because they observe the more vocal of us being
(for the most part) ignored.

>   I wonder if we could somehow query all the registered XY
users as to
> just how many are going to move to winever? I would think that
TTG would
> have found it absolutely necessary to do this before embarking
upon Micky
> Soft's ship.

That would fly in the face of Marketing's bold new initiative. I
get the feeling that we old-timers really aren't really wanted
around anymore.
After all, we make technical demands on them, we question the
direction of development, and we ask to be kept in the
communications loop as far as product activities are concerned;
we are use to being part of the development process and taking a
small responsiblity for the outcome of the end product, a product
we are all, to varying degrees, passionate about.

But end-user involvement seems to go against the current software
industry business trend. In this paradigm, the user should not
be allowed input, should be ignored when questioning ANY product
attributes, esspecially concerning possible defects, and should
be soaked for the maximum amount before he/she turns away from
the product, attempting to find something else.

I am not a happy boy.

Carter Campbell campbelc@xxxxxxxx carterc@xxxxxxxx
Calgary, Alberta
Canada