Re: Looking for XyWrite

Russel:
>Hello,
>I have heard of XyWrite for some time, but know nothing of it except
>that it saves files in ASCII format. I would be interested in
>purchasing a copy, but understand that the currently available DOS

That is interesting. Who talks about XY? When I mention it on another
mailing list, all I get is virtual blank stares. For most people these
days, word processing equals "MS Word".
Who mentions XY and what do they say about it?

>version requires quite a bit of disk space and does not run very well
>using an older CPU. I am interested in finding an earlier version (II
>or III) that I can run comfortably on a palmtop computer or an older
>Toshiba laptop (T1000).

I can testify that Version III runs like a charm on a T1000.

>Does someone have an older version that they are willing to sell me?

Since III and II are not sold any more, I suppose it would be OK
to give you one for free.

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the -if he-
--if 'is' means is and never has been that is not -- that is one thing.
--If it means there is none, that was...true." Bill Clinton, 8/17/98