Re: Looking for XyWrite

Just to say that I've used XyWrite 4 and even XyWrite for Windows on a
pathetically slow NEC laptop with modest inboard memory (6 meg) and a very
slow 486 chip (sorry, I can't remember _how_ slow). I don't try to print
from it, but I transfer them to my desktop PC via sneakernet (i.e. copy the
file to a floppy, then copy it from the floppy onto the PC's hard drive).
And I first used XyWrite 4, very satisfactorily, on a DOS-only 386 PC with
4 meg of memory.

Although Xy4 and XyWin are much more bulky on the hard drive and (more
important) far more memory-hungry than Xy3, they are still incomparably
more efficient and space-economical than Word or the like.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel