Re: Automatic file replacement in XYwin

Robert wrote:
You can adjust the *default* amount of contextual material displayed (the
factory value is 67 chars, roughly split between fore and aft) via a setting in
the REGfile, and you can also make ad hoc on-the-fly adjustments via the
command line, e.g.
 CITEA /120,Howard Roark
for a case-sensitive report (citeA, cf. seA, chA) with 120 chars.

Yes, so Carl informed me. And so the Helpfile also informs me.
Believe me, displaying a fixed amount of contextual material produces a more
informative result *overall* than displaying the current sentence (which can be
very short or ridiculously long, and looks terrible -- that was my starting
point, and I dumped it posthaste).

Really? That's surprising. Okay, I accept that. Thanks.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx