Re: Re Tame 5.7 etc

At 12:37 PM 2/21/2008, you wrote:
Michael Norman has sent me copies of Tame 5.7, 5.8 and 5.9 privately. I have now loaded Tame 5.7 and it works. I have made no special line settings in the Tame configuration file but I do have to set the correct number of lines I want in the desktop shortcut (or other shortcut) that I use to launch XY4. So far it only exhibits one strange piece of behaviour. In order to get, say, 28 lines in Tame I have to set 3 more in XYWrite (ie d sl=31). This seems to happen generally, so that to get 43 lines I need to set 46, etc. I have no explanation for this, nor can I find anything within the configuration that might be responsible.
Left click the editor icon top left corner of title bar. Go to
View->Screen layouts. Experiment with the 28 and 43 line setting. I
run at 25 so I can't remember whether you have to set both XY screen
and issue a mode con command, one or the either or neither. You'll
have to play around a bit. Try running at "full window" while you set up.
I also have a bit more information about the two windows I see when using Tame. I can still see two if I have the Tame window less than maximized (but not full screen)
You mean the desktop behind a resized TAME window? Or two NTVDM
sessions plus the desktop? Does Process Explorer show two NTVDM sessions?
Michael Norman