Re: Business Cards

There is no point in buying a product to make labels with WP (and
probably Word). WP 6.1 includes a number of templates for formatting
your own card, dividing a standard page of Avery business card blanks
into 10 copies of it, and printing it out. They work splendidly; I use
them for cards with English on one side and Chinese on the other.

XY and XW lack one great advantage of WP, namely a simple arrangement to
divide a standard page into any number of equal divisions for automatic
printing of booklets, cards, etc. But it isn't that much work, using
two columns and appropriate styles, to divide a page into 10 repetitions
of your card text that will fit in the card blanks.

The latter, by the way, are Avery 5376. Once you have printed the
sheet, it separates into cards (fold and tear) with no sign that there
were ever perforations on the edges. I generally print only a small
batch at a time, which makes separating them a very small task.

Cheers,
begin:     vcard
fn:       N. Sivin
n:       Sivin;N.