Re: Two real, honest-to-goodness Xy questions

Okay, okay, I've found out on my own what /x /z do. /z is covered in the
manual, and I infer that /x freezes the display from the manual's inclusion
of /x as a switch for DO (it's not in there under DOS). Sorry to bother
y'all on that. And I can probably figure out the .REG issue on my own, too.
Whether or not I can solve the 43 vs. 50 lines behavior, using the above,
remains to be seen, since TAME is involved at two levels: I use it for Xy
and for 4DOS, but I'll give it a shot.

So we can all return to discussing writing and editing.
I'm on the trail of why I sometimes get 43 lines of screen length and sometimes 50 after shelling to DOS and returning. Rather than regale you with a long tale of confusing trials, let me ask two questions, the answers to which may enable me to solve it.

1. In shelling to DOS, what do the switches /x and /z do?

2. In Xywwweb.reg I have this stanza--is it right?

[File Locations]
Comspec_LUX=
Comspec_MAC=
;Comspec_OS2=C:\OS2\CMD.EXE
Comspec_OS2=
Comspec_W31=
Comspec_W95=
;Comspec_W98=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMMAND.COM
Comspec_W98=c:\4dos.com
Comspec_WME=
Comspec_WNT=
Comspec_W2K=C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE
Comspec_WXP=c:\4dos.com
Edit_Copy_of_U2_File=

VA/NV @652 does indeed show: WXP.
I (sometimes) want Xy to shell to 4DOS, not regular DOS. It doesn't happen when I shell out, but that's not a problem because I have a .BAT file to launch it, when I want it. I have 4DOS.COM in the root directory of C:. I also have a directory off the root, named 4DOS, and which also contains 4DOS.COM.

TIA.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx

Harry Binswanger