PINE (was: downloading email files)

Thanks to Prof. Stannard (and his interlocutors) for reminding me about the
wonderfully simple and straightforward PINE.

I used PINE on the server of my first ISP (a guy with a PC in his garage in
central New Jersey, back in the days when that's all an ISP was), and the
only reason I didn't like it was Prof. Stannard's problem -- wanting to
download multiple files. With the cues given here, I could even have solved
that problem (my garage guy didn't know how to do it).

So, to pick up a cue from Stephen Moore's query --
>Are you using PINE on your PC to access mail on your (presumably)
Unix-based server? While
>PINE is my usual mail tool in my Unix shell account, which I access via
telnet, I've never used the
>PC-resident version. ...
-- *does* anyone know if I can get a PC-resident version of PINE to use
with my current ISP?

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel

e-mail: EricVT@xxxxxxxx