Stack for 3.55

Robert, and anyone else who wants to kibbitz:

I'm (still) running Xy 3.55 (as a DOS program under Win95), and I
decided to hitch up STACK.PM v.2.0d to my old engine and see if it would
charge up.

But I must be doing something wrong. I think I followed the directions
in STACK.DOC properly, but all three keys changed in my keyboard file
now beep at me when pressed, namely:

 63=Q5,BC,&S
 67=&S,XC
 28=&E

Two of them, the enter key (28) and the BC key (F5=63) beep and say "no
save get". BC then goes on to work as usual (except for the message and
the beep); enter (in text) doesn't issue a carriage return symbol (I
can't live with that very long at all--in fact, I'm commenting the line
out of the kbd file for the moment, until anyone can suggest a fix). XC
(=67) just beeps (no message). Have I given you enough info to diagnose
the problem? One hypothesis: do I really have access to save-gets as
high as the low 600's in v. 3.55?

Peter Brown
pbrown@xxxxxxxx