Re: Dragon NaturallySpeaking and Xy

Patricia,
Of course one can do whatever is necessary to make a translation idiomatic in the receiving language. The epistemological dictum of the scholastics applies, I think, equally to translation: quidquid recipitur, recipitur in modo recipientis (whatever is received is received in the manner of the recipient).
Jesus! That's just what I'm working on in my writing! What is the source of
that quote? Is it in Aquinas? References ... I need references! Please!

Regards,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx