RE: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Don’t know exactly. It would have been logical to migrate it to the more advanced DEC system, the VAX. Since then, if it was moved to another hardware platform, it would have needed to be cross-compiled to run on it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx on behalf of Kari Eveli
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:57:03 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Phil,

Thank you for this precision. I started my career as a lexicographer on
an IBM mainframe at a big publishing house. And EBCDIC was alive and
well in the early 1980's there. Do you happen to know how the Atex
system was later developed? I gather Atex has been run on mainframes up
till this day. (E.g.
)

Best regards,

Kari Eveli