Re: Win-style undo? and windows keyboard

	How can we do the same changes to the Windows default
	keyboard for all other Windows applications, that we
	can to Xy4-DOS, so that the same keys of Xy4-DOS work
	in Windows?		--Daniel Say

Welllll ... you can't make it do xpl, Daniel, but short
of that you can remap the kbd across win32 apps with
D-Systems' KR keyboard remapper. Drag and drop chars
to a virtual kbd from the font table of your choice
and your list of custom macros.

The glaring omissions are the toggle keys: NumLk,
ScrlLk, and CapsLk and PrtScr resist redefinition,
but the developer is working on that. Also, you can
build ShiftAlt and ShiftCtrl tables, but not CtrlAlt or
ShiftCtrlAlt--something else the developer is working on.

*Very* nifty shareware nonetheless, under very active
development. A new release has been issued since the
last time I mentioned KR here. Just amazing to find
yourself elsewhere in win32 with almost as much kbd
freedom as you enjoy in xyWrite. (I expand on these
comments a bit at http://www.escape.com/~yesss/_xypro.html
with an undocumented tip you need to know if you try KR
http://www.kurt.hu/~marczi/keyboard_main.html.)

Given the xyWin5 limbo, it's a relief to find some
alternatives slowly emerging. I just downloaded and
tomorrow expect to install Amaya, w3c's browser/html
editor (surprisingly, the first entry in its class) (see
http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,406026,00.html
on http://www.w3.org/amaya). Amaya is probably pretty
primitive now, but the facts that the embedded codes are
editable html and the code is of course open source are
intriguing and encouraging. Who knows where this could go?
Natch, a linux version also is available, so we shall see
what we shall see. ... Ciao. 	--a (who lost the list pool :(
		yesterday when Flag Day came and went
		with no reported sightings of that infamous
		beta CD we were promised by mid-April--
		I shoulda gone for Bastille Day)

	xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz +
	Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures: