Re: faulty spell checker/dictionary?

Harry Binswanger wrote:
As I recall, the .spl files are NOT user editable.

I cannot comment on XyIII--too many eons since I last used it. But in
4, spl files that one creates oneself (I have several, each for a
different type of writing) are perfectly editable. The trick is to use
stspell filename.spl to save a personal spl file after adding words.
Then you can CA and edit that file. See CRG, 3-87. In 4, dict.spl is
definitely uneditable, though I cannot find it explicitly stated in
the CRG. But I just READ--and aborted it instanter--it, and it's
obviously a binary file.
It sounds to me as if something might have gotten saved to the wrong file. Does III have the equivalent of STSPELL?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx