Re: OT: W98-related question

At 02:43 AM 8/25/2006, Si Wright wrote:

(Whenever I uninstall a program, I then--after first exporting the Windows Registry--go in and edit the Registry and manually remove all references. In one case recently--and this was a niche app that I'm sure did not have built-in default entries, the way Word or WordPerfect may--I had to remove 40-odd references from the Registry.) Patricia, you are working too hard. There are paid programs like Registry Mechanic and free ones like Ccleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/
Consider Macecraft's JV16 Power Tools as well. Michael Norman