Is XY responsible for grandeur?

Oh, that would be the same kind of advertising that says, "Wear my
basketball shoes and you too can jump four feet off the ground." But I
guess the shoes don't hurt you, and in roughly 18 years of using XyWrite for
editing, it doesn't hurt a bit, either. For fast editing I'd bet on a Xy
jock with tuned-up keyboard shortcuts any day against a mouse-run editor;
I'd be hard pressed to do without it.

Side note: Brian Hayes introduced me to Xy at Scientific American around
1982; he's become a Mac junkie, though, and I think he abandoned Xy a long
time ago.

Daniel Say writes>
Does the use of Xywrite, Mr. Brown, result in great awards?

 ESSAYS
   The Sciences: Peter G. Brown, editor, for Clock of Ages, by Brian
   Hayes, November/December.

Peter Brown
pbrown@xxxxxxxx