Re: XyDOS and tildes

James Eibisch wrote:

> Time for a quick de-lurk to ask the good folk of this list a
> question. In my Xy3.55, any tilde characters (ASCII 126) in a
> file only show on screen in expanded mode.

Well, I have only version 4.018 loaded and there the tilde shows in all
modes. However, I make it, not with shift open single quote but with the
regular way to deadkey ASCII characters--i.e., alt+shift 126.

If you wish, you can also assign this to a key (you will probably want
to assign this to table=shift, scan code 41. (The scancode for the shift
open single quote key.)

41=r1,r2,r6.

Finally, and this is the most complicated way of all, you can write a
little XPL routine. For 3.55 do this from the command line:

Let's call it tilde.pgm

PFUNC BC
PFUNC R1
PFUNC R2
PFUNC R6
PFUNC XC

what you'll see on the screen (all in boldface) is this:

BC,R1,R2,R6,XC

And then finally, you could assign this to a key in your altkeys.sav
file

ldpm tilde.pgm,t (or whatever alphanumeric you wish).

Quite frankly, though, I think the first way is the easiest.

Salud!

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press