Re: Long strings in CI ///

Thanks, Carl. I'm skeptical of BigChg being what I want,
because it expects you to DeFine the long text for the replace string.
This is to be done under program control, and if I'm going to use a
SEarch and DeFines, I might as well do that directly and print the
replacement string (which is the alternate way I've been doing it in some
cases). That way is considerably slower than CI.

Harry:

Quoting Harry Binswanger :

I need to be able to use strings longer than fit on the command line
for doing a Change Invisible. E.g.,
Is there a better way?

There's a U2 routine called BIGCHG, which may help. It's been a while
since I've used it, but as I recall it works pretty well.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx

Harry Binswanger