Re: Thanks

--- On Tue, 11/30/10, Patricia M Godfrey  wrote:

> Thank you all for responding so
> quickly. I should still prefer to send
> and receive posts in Tbird, but cannot get the blasted
> thing recognized
> by my new air card.
>
> And the calculator keys i.e. alt-F3 to define a colum; that
> works ok, but
> alt+ and alt= do nothing.. IDKEY correctly IDs Alt+ and
> alt=, but nothing
> happens. It's also bombing on my office PC, but that thing
> is 10 years
> old, and the keyboard is creaky to say the least.
> Any ideas? And good to be back.

Hi Patricia,

Is the Air Card from Verizon ? (Haven't kept track of the details
on this.) Might be time to see if their tech support is worth a
damn, and not outsourced through Lower Slobovia. I think TBird
is now mainstream enough that they probably couldn't get away
with saying "You're not using IE ? Sorry . . . ."

I'm not following on the keyboard thing, but apparently you are
grappling with some laptop issues, for Xy ? If you have the
option of plugging in a regular, full-size keyboard, what happens
then ? (I hate keyboard remapping problems on laptops. Unusual
or unfindable scan codes, and all that. Haven't really messed with
this in years, myself.)

 Jordan