ACCENT tables enabled in XyWin

The ACCENTS.PRN distributed (on request only) by XyQuest didn't work with XyWin.
But if ACCENTS wasn't loaded, XyWin automatically remapped many high Ascii accented
characters in range 128-255 to the so-called "XyWrite Character Set" in range
255-909, i.e. the Speedo range. This causes all manner of problems with files
being exported to other systems, and with XyWin's TrueType fonts.

I've developed new ACCENT tables, one for Speedos, another for TrueTypes, that
enable correct high Ascii (128-255, where available) accented characters under
XyWin. Both can in fact be used together, so that you can toggle freely between
UWF=0 and UWF=2. They work both with my ACCENTS.PM (contained also in the Jumbo
XYWWWEB.U2 file), and with XyWin's six (expandable to 14) accent deadkeys. This
overcomes a lethal problem for XyWin users of languages with accented characters.

The new tables are available at XyWWWeb (search for "ACCENTS.ZIP"). Instructions
for installation are contained in both ACCENTS.SPD and ACCENTS.TTF.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx