another elementary question

On 26-11-98, Rafe T. wrote:

>I'm trying to rig a tiny xpl program that involves overwriting the same
>file every time it's invoked. It starts with saving defined text to a
>filename:
>
>    savedef filename
>
>which I want to be the same every time, but every time it asks me to
>confirm whether I want to. Is there a switch to turn off the inquiry?
>(savedef /y filename actually completes, but doesn't work.) Or if
>there isn't, I've forgotten how to tell the program yes. It's not a va
>$er thing, right? No?

When I want to do something similar, I insert
    ernv filename
just before
    sad filename
Won't that do it?

More generally, you can always disable those requests for confirmation by
inserting    es 1
(where <..> = a function) and then
    es 0
afterwards. ("ES" = "error signal" or the like, and 1=off, 0=on.) My XPL
routines are littered with those strings -- in fact, I tend to insert "es
1" near the start of a program and "es 0" near the end.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel