Serious bug in Xy4DOS 4.016

  ALERT!
  I've stumbled upon a serious bug in 4.016 (for DOS). If you
try to save a file that has not changed--or which Xy falsely
believes has not changed-- the file will NOT do a save, and may
not let you know (other than by a cryptic PRompt "Proceed"
instead of "Done").
  This means certain changes that you think you've made (even
with STore), simply aren't made. The one I've stumbled on is: if
you change the capitalization by using the CC command (which many
of us have stored on a key--mine is on f4), you see the change
take effect in the on-screen file, but you are not SAving or
SToring it, if that is the only change you make.
  So if you have an important document that you are proofing,
and you see a THe, which you change by some means other than
typing, you see it become The, but when you think you've saved
it, you've saved THe--and that's what you'll print out.
  The workaround is to type in some character, any character,
then take it out. If you do this, Xy accepts that you've changed
the file and it will actually save it.
  Personally, I think this is a disastrous error. Particularly
for those of us who have SAve or STore assigned to a key which
concludes with a CH or a BC to clear the command line--in that
case, you never even see what flashes up there (Proceed or Done)
when you think you've saved to disk.
  Can this non-saving be disabled? Why on earth is it even in
there?
  Harry Binswanger
  HBinswanger@xxxxxxxx