Re: Two bugs?

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Tue, 12 Nov
2002 22:52:22 -0500

Harry:

The bug in SE/F at Top_of_File is well-known -- at least, Robert and
I have been known about it since Day One. Bottom line: you can't
use /F if there's any possibility that the target string will exist
at Top_of_File. Still, we get quite a bit of mileage out of SE/F in
the Jumbo U2.

Re your other SEarch problem:

> There are two cr-lfs after "issue."

I see two Ascii-27's, not CrLfs!

> And the same program works as expected if you go to the start
> of the text and eXeCute it with F9.

Execute what with F9?

Anent using BX...Q2 with SEarch commands, see the discussion of
wildcards in BX.TXT (http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xy/BX.ZIP).
There's a link to it at XyWWWeb (search for "BX.TXT").

Suggestion: Instead of going through contortions such as "there's a
newline after that comma", why not make life easier for all of us
and XPLeNCODE your code within the body of your message (DeFine the
code and issue ENCODE)? That way, after decoding it (with
DECODE), we can see first-hand what you're talking about.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx