Re: XY4 in Win7-64

I'm not sure what you mean, Carl. Where does the .dll file have to be? I ran the zipfile, but no
change.

When I hit the clip key, the copy is clipped, according to the message within XY. But I don't think
it overwrites the Windows Clipboard, because when I tried to copy it into Notepad, I got the
previous clipboard text from my last Win7 cut-and-paste.

DosBOX is a program that runs under Win7-64, which places it in a folder called Program Files(x86),
which I would presume are 32-bit programs that Win7 runs in Win32 mode. It appears to me that when
DosBOX is running, its whole world is my C:\XY folder, which it is seeing as the C: drive.

I don't think it can call anything outside my XY folder. So if it's calling VBS in Windows, I don't
think it's getting through. I don't get any error messages or crashes, just no response.

An alternate way to run XY4 on Win7 is to install Microsoft's Virtual PC and a full XP operating
system. Which I can do, but posters on this list have said that it's slow. And I have no idea how or
if XP within Virtual PC communicates with Win7, so the same problem might exist.

Any other thoughts appreciated. Has anyone made CLIP.EXE work from DOSBox?

Jon Pareles