Re: XyWrite

Sorry, Mr. Frank, I don't mean to make you feel less than welcome, but it's
slightly comical that your first appearance in x months concerns a SGML.
There's been a running thread here about OS/2 for the last couple of months,
there's a lot of interest in it, and many users are curious to know whether TTG
might be getting a notion of making some money for itself with a text-based
port to OS/2. That your first words of the New Year are about SGML is kind of
funny in a way, but not surprising I suppose. (BTW I have a passing
acquaintance with it, and unless I'm mistaken while it's eminently suitable for
Xywrite, much of what can be done could be scripted in macros in less than a
week.)

I admit it, there are a few orphaned products I use, and it's a little
disheartening. But at least one doesn't have the temptation to delude oneself
that the company which owns it (I'm thinking of Agenda) is actually going to
invest something into developing it and bringing it to its full potential.

Also by the way I have posted a couple of questions in hopes users will help
and while I guess you have someone from Tech Support monitoring, the responses
therefrom have not been particularly comprehensive. (Particularly I was
wondering if a) someone can tell me how to keep this stupid Alt-key from
invoking the menu, apart from by renaming it in the kbd file, or b) whether
there are any plans to specify that the Alt key not work in this fashion in
settings.dfl).

Happy new year,

Rafe T.