Obtaining large fonts in XyWrite for Windows under Windows 95

To XyWrite users group

I have recently taken delivery of XyWrite for Windows, having used XYIII+
for the past ten years. I specifically wanted the Windows version because I
am hoping soon to become the proud owner of a LCD flat panel display (when I
can afford one anyway). Unfortunately current LCD panels are high
resolution (800x600 or 1024x768), and they can only display DOS text modes
using a scaling algorithm which creates the most ugly characters you have
ever seen.

The only solution I can come up with is to use the Windows version of
XyWrite. However I soon found that when I switched to high resolution modes
in Win95, even when selecting large fonts, the draft fonts in XyWrite for
Windows were still small. I have been getting 46 lines, and even 55 lines
on my 15 inch monitor. This is far to small for comfort.

I have tried most of the ways I can think of to make Win95 display larger
draft fonts, including editing the registry to try and force it to use a
particular font, but to no avail. The only time I appeared to achieve any
success, the machine soon started to misbehave in a very serious way.

Has anybody else faced this problem, and if so, is there a solution?

Best wishes

Paul Breeze