Re: VDOS memory and screen length

Dear Carl

I've just picked this up again.
I have found a way to manipulate the screen length, but it seems counter-intuitive. I have to set LINS=43 in the VDOS CONFIG.TXT and then set default sl=61 in STARTUP.INT. This gives me a screen length in XY4 of 43 lines. I have found, like you, that this does not always stick in STARTUP.INT but I have also found that it depends where the line is placed and have managed to get it to stick without reverting to putting it in SETTINGS.DFL. Incidentally these settings are exactly the same as I had to use to get 43 lines when I tried out TAME. There must be a logic here but I have no idea what it may be.
VDOS will go to 47 lines (default sl=66) but does not appear to like
anything higher.
As for the memory problem, I have now recovered EMS in Windows XP.
There was an error in my CONFIG.NT which as now been corrected. Getting
the Microlytics speller to work has completely defeated me, however. I
have set EMS=ON and I can verify in VDOS that EMS is available. But
however I start Editor.exe it does not seem to work and I get the 'not
enough memory ... ' message. Does it work for you?

Best wishes

Paul