Re barely readable text in DOS window

Irene writes:

 Thanks to Leslie Bialler, Frank Heydenrych, Steve Hayes and
George Scithers for reminding me that pressing Alt-Enter switches
from the Windows-XyWrite screen to a full DOS screen. Now that I
have the DOS screen, however, I can hardly read it -- the letters
are itsy-bitsy, although I've set the font to 13x22 -- the
largest -- in the Windows properties box.
 Maybe I ask for too much. That XyW 3.55 still runs at all with
Win98 SE should perhaps be enough?

That's most unusual. I'm still using Xy 3.52 within Windows 98, but I've
never had any trouble executing within DOS windows. Please let me have,
offline, your configuration and I'll try and troubleshoot it with you

Frank