From: Bill Troop
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, October 4, 2014 2:23 PM
Subject: W2K issues; hitherto unknown SP "5" (was Re: W2K - Harry has it!)

Most important of all, Carl, I wonder if you could document the
problems you had with W2K and send them in as a bug report to the
VBox people, because, after all, we will never get these issues fixed
if we don't submit bug reports.

Re W2K issues, looking for a best browser I found this interesting page

http://windowsforum.com/threads/windows-2000-pro-still-a-usable-os-after-all-these-years.77246/

which contains a link to an unofficial very last "sp 5" version of
W2K which may be of interest. I have downloaded it and will report at
some point.

There is some advice here on which versions of which browsers to use
- - I know there are sources for older versions of nearly every
browser. Given in 2012, the advice was, in short,

"Now for a decent browser. Except for Windows Update, I highly
recommend to stay away from IE6. The latest Mozilla Firefox (version
10) & Opera (version 11.61) browsers runs perfectly fine on 2K. You
will need the latest Flash for both that W2K supports, and IE, as
well as Java for some sites. Currently, the latest version of Java
that will install on 2K is "jre-6u30-windows-i586". Flash (non IE,
version 11,1,102,55, IE, version 11,1,102,55). Latest Adobe Reader
supported is 9.4 Ultra Defrag 5.02 is about the best defrag software
available."