Re: Wheelmod

Wengier,
I figured out the meaning of the different WHEELMOD settings. As you probably know, they designate keystrokes, defined by scan codes, so by modifying Xy's .KBD file, you can get it to put out whatever you want.
BTW setting 5 isn't faster, it goes word by word (function NW or PW) rather
than character by character (function LR or LL).
The only issue I have now is that tilting the wheel seems to put out key up
and key down signals much much slower than rolling the wheel does, even if
I set them both to put out the character "a".
This seems to be something about the mouse's hardware or software, since I
get almost the same slowness (slightly better) out of XyWrite when I assign
"a" to WheelRight in AutoHotkey.
The good news is that by a combination of settings, I'm able to use the
mouse to click on a character in text and have the XyWrite cursor go there.
This is a big win.

If anyone else is interested:
in the keyboard file, set:
KEYS=105
In TABLE=  [i.e., the unshifted table], set
105=MS

in config.txt for vDosPlus, set
Mouse=ON

Regards,
Harry
Hi Harry,
I think you can try with a different WHEELMOD setting. For example, WHEELMOD=5 is faster than WHEELMOD=2, and WHEELMOD=6 is slower than WHEELMOD=3, at least on my computer. Hope this helps.

Wengier