Re: VIRUS WARNING (dubious) for XYWRITE digest

>The only WIN I have on this system is NT, and -- to give you an idea --
>the last
>time I booted into NT has to be 2 1/2 weeks ago. So this question is
>coming from
>someone with (arguably) sub-par Windows knowledge. I always steered clear of
>Outlook, so that isn't a factor. What is the WIN scripting host (is this
>anything to do with Win-Basic, or Active-X ?), and how would I make sure it is
>disabled . . . if in fact it ever was enabled here ?
>
>Jordan

In Windows 9x, it is something like (from memory): Settings - Software -
Windows Setup - Accessories. Scroll down and deactivate the beast.

Of course, in Micro***ts default setting, it is enabled, and Outlook in its
default state automatically runs all incoming Windows scripts. Then the
hysterial screaming starts about "virus", when in fact there is only a
Windows program that gets executed automatically by idiotic software
settings.

-- Rene von Rentzell, temporarily exiled to Flensburg