Thanks & more questions

Hi Nathan, Hi Leslie319, Hi Ranald, Hi Everybody,

Please try to read this entire message. I have a lot of questions and one
suggestion. I am new here.

Thanks for all who helped me with my XYWrite 3 installation problem at home. I
finally got a single user disk from our computer dude, and my problems are
solved---sort of. I found out that the reason I couldn't open any files with my
customized. So I didn't know that to "open" a file you have to write the
command "call". I am slowly sorting this out by using the help section, since i
still have no manuals. As to the suggestion that i talk my employer into
getting version 4, I've only been there 2 months, and I understand they just
put in Version 3 about 6 months ago. I don't even have a computer on my desk
yet . I'm still lobbying for that first. I hate messing up other
p0eople's desks.
Now, I have lots more questions about some of the stuff I have seen here so
far.

Leslie, you suggested the inconsistencies in our xywrite program at work could
be caused by different DOS versions. Well, you're right about that. But i am
confused here---if these machinews have no hard drives, wouldn't they get DOS
from the boot disk? And if the boot disks are all the same (except for 1
machine, which uses 5.25 disks), how could the DOS be different? I'm not much
of a computer whiz, obviously, so bear with me here.

Question2---Leslie, you mentioned a patch for WFW 6? Would this allow me to
interchange documents with CText and keep alll the formatting? How can I get
this patch and how much does it cost?

Question 3---One of the things we have customized at work which I can't figure
out how to reproduce at home is a long dash, or hyphen like this
---, only the line is unbroken. At work, we get this by hitting Ctrl-
Hyphen. In the text it appears as an equal sign with a vertical line bisectiong
the middle of the top line of the equal sign. When it goes to press, it appears
properly. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Suggestion---Since all of these messages go to everyone, it would be easier to
figure out what's going on if in the body of the message, everyone would
address it to the specific person concerned. Sometimes this is not done, and I
get a little confused as to who said what to whom.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone, and thanks again!

.....COol MOther reesa.marchetti@xxxxxxxx
---
 * CMPQwk #1.4 * UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY