Re: Wildcard replace and no 64k limit

On 17-APR-1996 08:51:20.3 xywrite said to LESLIE319
  >At 07:36 AM 4/17/96 -0400, Harry wrote:
  >>The other feature that is worth going to v. 4 for is the ability to use
  >>blocks of over 64k, for those of us who edit long documents. That 64k
  >limit >was a real pain.
  >Perhaps this question was answered long ago -- I didn't find it in the
  >archives or the list utility files, however -- but doesn't this depend
  >on how one measures a "long" document? I get "out of memory," "too
  >many page elements," and other such error messages in large files,
  >even though my machine has 20M of memory and all other apps besides
  >Windows 3.11 are off. Perhaps I missed a setting somewhere? If this
  >question has already been dealt with along the lines of a FAQ, maybe
  >someone could enlighten me off-list.

  Peter,

  If you go from expanded to wysiwyg mode in a long file, especially if you
have a few styles in the file, you will encounter that "too many page
elements" thang. Resave the file (if nec) recall it in normal (or wysi)
and all should be well. The file is not corrupted: it's just some kind of
display prob.

--Leslie--

`[1;35;45mRainbow V 1.19.1 for Delphi - Registered