Re: XyWin Loss of Functions

My original October 26 inquiry addressed two problems: lack of
access to the dictionary file and inablility to create column
tables from toolbar menus (the program returned a "Cannot find
item" prompt).

The first problem was solved by Paul J. Bodin's Oct 26
instructions on how to specify a path to the XW directory under
Windows 98/NT.

The second problem has not been addressed by any correspondent.
Today I noticed an additional, perhaps related, problem. When
attempting to set a snaking-column format through the toolbar
menu I received a "Cannot create snaking columns inside a column
table" error message even though the document was without any
formatting whatever, and certainly not a column table.

Can those more familiar with the XyWin menuing files explain why
they should fail under Windows 98/NT with these symptoms when I
had experienced no such problems under Windows 3.1?

Regards,

Paul Ambos