Re: Xy Win/macros, etc.

Thanks for the information. I'm very happy with Xy Dos. I need to learn Xy
Win, as much as possible so that I can teach it to future employees who will
be less frightened by the blank, black screen, or falling into the black
hole of Xy DOS. Seems it is becoming more difficult to find people to
learn Xy DOS these days, and I get caught up in teaching the program and
then back logged with work.

Anyway, I will learn it for the above reasons, plus it seems fun and new...
it will help my ADD to tinker around in it. (smile).

My big sticking point is not only that I don't have a manual...will probably
try to order it from TTG, but that I can't use the ALT key for the many
macros I use regularly. Mostly, I need to indent blocks of paragraphs
quickly (i.e. "ip 5,5" or "ip .5,.5" - seems in XyWin the numbers are
different). I do this for long quotes. (Does anyone know of a fast way to
do that in Xy Win, by the way????)  If I can't do that, then it slows me
down to the point of not being worth it. Is there a way that I can program
XY Win to respond to macros using the ALT key (and a letter/number, etc.)

Thanks for the enthusiastic responses.

Mimi Gauthier LeBien