General startup question

Hello folks! I'm going to ask a very unsophisticated, neophyte question, so
I ask your forgiveness upfront.

In 1988 my father bought me a leading edge model d, outfitted with xywrite
3+. Like everyone else, I became a dedicated xywrite user, and no other
word processor has given me that same driving-on-the-open-road feeling, with
no traffic or clutter in sight.

It has been years since I last used xywrite, and I have made several
half-hearted attempts to configure different computers for the program. I
am determined this time, though. Here is the setup:

I've got a Mac Powerbook G3, with a Yellow Dog Linux partition. I also own
a lexmark inkjet printer, and would love to be able to print from xywrite.

Any suggestions for getting xywrite running on mac or linux? I have both 3+
and xywrite 4 (dos) but I would prefer to use 3+, as I've always considered
it to be a more elegant program. I'd be willing to use 4 if someone could
explain a way to get rid of the menus.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as would reassuring rumors of
others who have managed the task.

An ENORMOUS thanks in advance,

rachel